Our employees have worked for more than 125 years for the betterment of Georgia, guided by Georgia Power's core value: A Citizen Wherever We Serve.
Whether getting involved in a civic organization, mentoring a young student, raising money to fight cancer or joining in a wide range of other activities, their dedication to serve has been a trademark of Georgia Power employees for generations.
Monthly company news and employee profiles
Quarterly retiree news in PowerPoint format
Monthly news from Citizens of Georgia Power and company management
- 10/2015 - Westinghouse to lead Vogtle construction; move prompts settlement agreement among contractors, co-owners
- 10/2015 - Company asks court to overturn EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- 10/2015 - PSC forum on renewables explores financial, technical factors
- 10/2015 - Krystal receives $64,000+ rebate check for efficiency upgrades at 55 restaurants
- 10/2015 - New web pages highlight Georgia Power environmental commitment
- 10/2015 - Outdoorsman represents Georgia Power recreation resources
- 10/2015 - Georgia Power retires Plant Kraft
- 10/2015 - Evander Holyfield visits Chamblee Business Office
- 10/2015 - Customer bills expected to decrease in 2016
- 10/2015 - Watch the latest Vogtle quarterly timeline video
- 10/2015 - Rhodes reflects on his career as Plan Kraft celebrates a legacy of service
- 09/2015 - Georgia Power to finalize ash pond closure schedule in six months
- 09/2015 - Congressional staff members visit the CRC
- 09/2015 - Being in the 'doghouse' just took on a whole new meaning
- 09/2015 - Georgia Power opens 11 new EV charging islands
- 09/2015 - Georgia Power ready for start of the fall sports season
- 09/2015 - Georgia Power asks 11 percent decrease in fuel rates
- 09/2015 - Annual Club of Hearts campaign kicks off today
- 09/2015 - Georgia Power breaks ground on Kings Bay solar project
- 09/2015 - Learning Power marks fifth anniversary in Georgia classrooms
- 09/2015 - Unit 4 core make-up tanks, steam generator arrive at Vogtle
- 08/2015 - Company reaffirms beliefs that Clean Power Plan extends beyond EPA authority
- 08/2015 - Georgia Power gets its own historical marker
- 08/2015 - Mark Berry named vice president of Environmental Affairs
- 08/2015 - PSC gives unanimous approval to latest Vogtle spending report
- 08/2015 - Shipman to lead Central Region
- 08/2015 - National 811 Day: Get the lowdown on what's underground
- 08/2015 - Focus on safety and quality highlight latest 13th Vogtle progress report
- 08/2015 - Georgia Power protects rare shrub in ancient swamp
- 08/2015 - Workshop on value of renewables approved by PSC
- 08/2015 - It’s tee time at Gainesville elementary schools
- 08/2015 - Company reaffirms belief that Clean Power Plan extends beyond EPA authority
SO To Go
A monthly summary of high-level Southern Company information. Get the facts and figures about environmental leadership, climate change, new nuclear, transmission & distribution, renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Help make a difference in the community and develop lasting relationships by becoming an Ambassador today.
Looking for benefits contact information or online forms? We have the answers for you.
Apply now for the Georgia Power Scholarship
Applications are now being accepted for the 2016 Georgia Power Scholarship Program. Twenty-one scholarships are available to dependents of all permanent, full-time Georgia Power employees and retirees. Co-ops are not considered full-time employees.
Deadline for submitting applications is Feb. 1, 2016.
Vogtle 3&4 Media Library
We are proud to be building the first new generation of nuclear energy facilities in the U.S. See the latest videos and photos of Vogtle units 3 and 4.
Back to Top ↑