Which is the right rate plan for my business?
Thank you for your interest in learning more about available rate plans offered by Georgia Power. Although some rates are specific to your business and your power usage, we invite you to try out our Rate Finder tool. By answering a few simple questions about your type of business, this interactive guide will help you determine your best qualifying rate. We value your business and hope you find this to be a useful tool.
Below are general descriptions of the business categories that define our rates, which are based on the relative size of the business and the amount of power typically required to run that type of business. These categories represent standard businesses, and often businesses overlap, so please explore each one.
- Small Business - Individually owned, Mom and Pop grocery stores or restaurants with an electricity demand of less than 30 kW
- Medium Business - Fast food restaurants, and small grocery stores with an electricity requirement of between 30 kW and 500 kW
- Large Business - Department stores, large grocery stores, and warehouses with monthly electricity requirements greater than 500 kW
- Marginally Priced - Customers who desire and qualify for hourly pricing, such as national chains, department stores and large office buildings.
- Government and Institutions - Customers who have governmental or institutional ties such as schools, government office buildings, etc.
- Agricultural - Agricultural and farming related businesses
- Outdoor Lighting - Customers desiring home, street, and highway lighting
- Budget Bill - Offers a service that averages the highs and lows of your Standard Service electric bill by giving you an average price to pay each month