Georgia Power is dedicated to giving employees opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers. Our employees are continually learning and sharing knowledge to help them better understand the business and use that knowledge to make valuable contributions.
We Invest In Our People
To be fulfilled, successful and productive, we all need a workplace where we have a voice, feel valued and respected, and have opportunities to grow, advance and make a difference.
We offer the following resources to support and encourage professional development:
- Personalized Development Plan
- Individual Mentoring Program
- Group Mentoring Program
- High-potential Assessments
- Performance Management
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Developmental Courses
Georgia Power approaches career development in a variety of different ways that allow for maximum growth to benefit both the individual and the company:
- Training and development is an integral part of our commitment to our people and a fundamental driver of our business success.
- Employees have access to a variety of online and instructor-led learning activities via our corporate learning management system.
- Many formal and informal avenues for learning and growth are available for technical and leadership development, such as mentoring, job shadowing and temporary and permanent developmental assignments.
- Job openings are posted on our internal job posting system, allowing all employees to view and compete for positions.
- Female and minority representation is a key strategic consideration in our company's recruitment efforts and in assigning employees to our development programs.
Electrical accidents are the third leading cause of death in the workplace. At Georgia Power, zero accidents is our goal. Learn More
Cool Jobs In Energy!
Start building your career options and be a part of building Georgia's Future Energy Workforce! Go to Cool Jobs
Back to Top ↑