For more than 50 years, the Atlanta employees of Georgia Power and Southern Company have contributed millions of dollars to health and human services in the Atlanta area through the Club of Hearts, Inc.
Club of Hearts Recipients
The Club of Hearts donates money each year to various nonprofit organizations around metro Atlanta. Contribution recipients include nonprofit agencies such as Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, the United Way, and over 200 United Way community partners. In addition, the Club of Hearts helps current and retired Georgia Power employees who are experiencing financial hardships by giving money through their Club of Hearts Employee Emergency Fund.
Club of Hearts Contributors
The Club of Hearts is designed to make giving back to the community easy, convenient and meaningful for the over 5,700 eligible employee and retiree donors of Georgia Power and Southern Company Services who work and live in the metro Atlanta area. The organization is operated exclusively for charitable purposes, and seeks no monetary gain or profit. Every dollar pledged goes directly to the agencies of their choice. All administrative costs to support the Club of Hearts are paid by Georgia Power and Southern Company Services. The property, affairs and business of the Club of Hearts are managed by the board of trustees. These trustees are Georgia Power and Southern Company Services employees in metro Atlanta who volunteer to serve on the board for a minimum term of three years.
A Brief History
The Club of Hearts is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation organized in 1953 and officially incorporated and named the Club of Hearts, Inc. in 1954. Georgia Power and Southern Company Services employees contribute about $1 million annually to health and human service organizations in metro Atlanta.
The Club of Hearts proudly serves 13 counties in metro Atlanta: Butts, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale.
The Salvation Army recognized Georgia Power with its national Fuel Fund Award for its work with Project SHARE. Since its inception in 1985, Georgia Power and its customers have contributed more than $60 million to help customers in need. Learn More
Back to Top ↑