Your safety and the security of your account are important to us. There have been reports about individuals impersonating Georgia Power employees who ask for cash, credit and debit payment, financial information or social security numbers. Learn more about Common Tactics Used to Defraud Customers.
Georgia Power will never phone you or send an employee to your home or business to collect a payment. Please do not provide payments or your personal or financial information to anyone who calls or visits your home or business claiming to be a Georgia Power employee.
How Georgia Power Contacts Customers
When an account is past due, we will call the primary account telephone number with a prerecorded message requesting the customer to call us to discuss the status of the account. If a payment is due, customers may contact Georgia Power to make a secure payment in one of three ways:
- Call us at 1-800-672-2402 to make a payment through BillMatrix, our third-party provider.
- Visit us to make a payment at your local office or authorized payment center.
- Pay online through our secure customer portal.
When Georgia Power Visits
If an employee needs to visit a customer's home for a service-related issue, they will be in uniform and present a photo I.D. badge with their name and Georgia Power logo. They will also arrive in a vehicle marked with Georgia Power’s logo. Information to help customers identify Georgia Power employees is available at www.georgiapower.com/uniforms.
What Georgia Power is Doing
Georgia Power continues to work with law enforcement agencies throughout the state to identify and prosecute criminals who pose as Georgia Power employees in order to defraud customers.
If you suspect that someone is currently at your home or place of business impersonating a Georgia Power employee:
- Call your local police immediately.
- Call Georgia Power at 1-888-660-5890.
- DO NOT let the individual inside your home or business.
- DO NOT go outside with the individual.
- DO NOT provide them with your account number or any personal or financial information.
If you suspect that someone has already visited you to obtain personal or financial information, please contact us immediately at 1-888-660-5890. Representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3 things you should know when doing business with Georgia Power:
1. Georgia Power will never send an employee to your home or business to collect payment.
2. Our employees will never call or visit you and request your personal or financial information.
3. If an employee has a service-related reason to visit, they will ALWAYS:
- Wear a Georgia Power uniform.
- Arrive in a Georgia Power vehicle with our logo.
- Present a photo I.D. with the Georgia Power logo.
Back to Top ↑