Georgia Power will never phone you or send an employee to your home or business to collect a payment or to request your credit or debit card, banking or social security number.When We Visit Your Home or Business
If a field service representative needs to visit your home or business for a service-related issue, our employee will wear an official Georgia Power uniform and present I.D. with their name, photo, and Georgia Power’s logo. The employee will also arrive in a Georgia Power vehicle marked with our logo. Learn how to recognize Georgia Power employees.
If you have reason for concern or suspect a problem, please call Georgia Power to verify I.D. at 1-888-660-5890.Contact Us
If you suspect that someone is currently at your home or place of business impersonating a Georgia Power employee:
- Call your local police immediately.
- Call Georgia Power at 1-888-660-5890.
- DO NOT let the individual inside your home or business.
- DO NOT go outside with the individual.
- DO NOT provide them with your account number or any personal or financial information.
If you suspect that someone has already visited you to obtain personal or financial information, please contact us immediately at 1-888-660-5890. Representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3 things you should know when doing business with Georgia Power:
1. Georgia Power will never send an employee to your home or business to collect payment.
2. Our employees will never call or visit you and request your personal or financial information.
3. If an employee has a service-related reason to visit, they will ALWAYS:
- Wear a Georgia Power uniform.
- Arrive in a Georgia Power vehicle with our logo.
- Present a photo I.D. with the Georgia Power logo.
Back to Top ↑